Friday, September 14, 2007

Hazel Jones Running for Judge 338th Criminal District Court



Democratic Candidate Hazel Jones filed to be on the ballot on Thursday, December 13, 2007 with over 1200 signatures of registered voters in Harris County

" I want to thank everyone who participated in the collection of over 1200 signatures of Harris County registered voters. I understand that whether your participation was minimal or extensive, it was a sacrifice you did not have to make. For that I am grateful. I would also like to thank those who have assisted in other ways too numerous to name. Again, to you I am grateful.

I would ask for your continued support now more than ever. Although, I am unopposed in the March 2008 Democratic Primary Election, I will have an opponent in the general election in November 2008. So, let us continue to move forward in our campaign to bring about meaningful change to our Harris County Courts."


Dear Harris County Democrats,

My name is Hazel B. Jones, and I am running for judge of the 338th Criminal District Court of Harris County, Texas. Welcome to my website!

I appreciate your interest in my candidacy and I encourage you to visit the different links on this site to find out more about me and my campaign.

Among other things, this site will give you an opportunity to volunteer on the campaign trail leading to the Democratic primary on March 4, 2008 and then on to the General Election in November 2008.

Here, you will find information about me, how to support my campaign, how to volunteer at different stages in the campaign, and how to contact me. I also encourage you to visit my website on a frequent basis to get the latest updates on campaign events.

Lastly, I am of the belief that sustaining the integrity of the judicial system is of the utmost importance in fostering public confidence in the laws of this State and Country. We all know that integrity can only exist if justice is distributed as fairly as possible and if the law is followed for all and in all circumstances. My mother once told me that Life would not always be fair--and she was right, but I believe that when you are in the four corners of a courtroom it absolutely should be.

I thank you for visiting my site, and l greatly appreciate the support you have shown my campaign thus far.

Sincerely,